Address: 2st floor, B Area, Jinbaisheng Industrial Park, Headquarters 2 Road, Songshan Lake Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone, Dongguan City, Guangdong Pr., China.
First, India BIS certification introduction
The Bureau of Indian Standards, or BIS, is responsible for product certification. In 1955, India began to implement a product certification system to harmonize product regulatory standards and requirements to ensure product quality and safety. According to The BIS Act (1986), India's product certification implements the principle of voluntary certification, but considering the public health and safety and mass consumption, the Indian government implements a real-time decree to implement specific products. Compulsory certification is designed to provide end consumers with quality assured, safe and reliable products.
Second, the importance of battery BIS certification
Products that are included in compulsory certification are required to obtain a product certification according to Indian product standards before they can enter the market. Therefore, if you want to enter the Indian market, it is necessary to understand the Indian product certification system. DeitY (Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) released 15 new products for compulsory registration in November 2014, which expanded the number of compulsory products from the original 15 to 30, including batteries, mobile power and so on. BIS-certified battery products will be labeled with ISI. Once the battery product is marked with the "ISI mark", it means that it meets the relevant Indian standards. The label has a wide influence in India and neighboring countries. Good reputation is a reliable guarantee for product quality. .
Third, India BIS certification standards
Lithium battery and battery pack: IS 16046
Mobile power: IS 13252 (Part 1)
Fourth, the battery BIS certification series division principle
1. The same rated voltage
2. The same structural design and battery
3. The same electrode, electrolyte
Five, battery BIS certification test project
1. Continuous charging test
2. Vibration test
3. High temperature impact test
4. Temperature cycle test
5. External short circuit test
6. Free fall test
7. Mechanical shock test
8. Thermal shock test
9. Squeeze test
10. Low voltage test
11. Overcharge test (nickel system)
12. Overcharge test (lithium system)
13. Forced discharge test
14. High rate charge protection test (Lithium only)
15. Incorrect installation (nickel only)
Sixth, battery BIS certification requirements precautions
1. It is valid for 2 years
2.BIS can only do tests locally
3. If the applicant meets the following conditions, the certification will be faster:
a. Fill in the factory address of the factory address in the application form
b. The factory has test equipment that meets relevant Indian standards.
c. The product is certified to meet the relevant Indian standards (tested in accordance with the standards in your own laboratory or other independent laboratory, and submitted with the test report)
Seven, battery BIS certification data preparation
1. Application form
2. Proof of the appointment form of an agent in India, or proof of the manufacturer's office in India, and the license of the Reserve Bank of India
3. Documents proving the establishment of the company, such as registration certificates
4. Process flow chart, explaining the whole process of product manufacturing (from raw materials to finished products)
5. Quality control system (such as quality manual, quality control plan, test arrangement, etc.)
6. Provide additional details of the product or system certification (if any)
7. Provide details (if any) of the components or raw materials used in the manufacture of the product prior to certification.
8. List of manufacturing machines
9. List of experimental equipment during the test
10. Product design
11. Details of the qualifications and experience of the laboratory supervisor, technical and QC staff
12. Test report from an accredited independent laboratory or factory's own laboratory
13. The layout of the plant, the requirements can clearly show the main production machines, laboratories, etc.
14. Schematic diagram of the traffic near the factory, a schematic diagram from the nearest airport or train station to the factory, and a detailed description of the factory in India
15. Bill of Exchange
Eight, battery BIS certification process
1. Submit your application.
Foreign producers wishing to obtain BIS certification generally need to use a special application and prepare relevant documents to apply to the BIS New Delhi headquarters.
2. Review the records.
The BIS examines the application documents and materials submitted by the applicant. If the procedures are complete, the application will be recorded. Applicants are required to pay the corresponding processing fee.
3. Initial factory inspection.
BIS will assign an official group of no more than two people to the factory for inspection. Applicants must bear the travel expenses, visa fees and other expenses incurred by the official group to the factory inspection and the corresponding inspection fees.
4. Issue a certificate.
If the initial inspection and test results are qualified, and the applicant agrees to the BIS-approved inspection test plan and pays the BIS identification fee after approval, the applicant may be issued a certificate. The certificate is valid for 1 year. After the certificate is granted, the licensee pays the logo fee and the annual certificate fee each year.
5. Post-certification supervision.
BIS monitors the quality of its certified products through routine supervision of the licensee and surprise inspection and testing of samples from factories and markets. If the sample is taken from the factory or the market for periodic inspection, the factory inspection and independent test results meet the requirements, and the certificate can be updated. The licensee submits an application for renewal to BIS by submitting the specified form, and the certificate renewal fee is Rs. 500. The licensee is also required to bear the cost of sample inspection.
Nine, battery BIS certification agency service agency
ESTL is a global certification and testing service provider focusing on battery products, which directly obtains docking projects with Indian authorities, saving a lot of transition links and complex processes during the certification process. Compared with domestic BIS certification agencies, it takes less time, is more efficient, and costs more. Lower and more secure. ESTL and BIS institutions have maintained long-term friendly cooperation, which can help your battery products get BIS certification, enter the Indian market, and get more profits.
Focus on Wechat