Address: 2st floor, B Area, Jinbaisheng Industrial Park, Headquarters 2 Road, Songshan Lake Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone, Dongguan City, Guangdong Pr., China.
I. Introduction to Taiwan BSMI Certification
Under the leadership of the government's economic department, the Taiwan Standards Inspection Bureau (BSMI) develops product inspection specifications for electronic and electrical products entering the Taiwan market, and requires products to meet safety, EMC testing and related testing before they can be authorized to use the BSMI logo. . BSMI certification is a mandatory product certification that requires both EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) and SAFETY (safety). The BSMI certification is usually valid for 3 years. However, BSMI does not currently have a factory inspection, but must follow the rules of the Bureau of Standards. Therefore, BSMI's certification model is: product inspection + registration supervision.
Second, the importance of battery BSMI certification
According to the mandatory regulations promulgated by the Standards and Inspections Bureau of the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan (BSMI), since May 1, 2014, all batteries, chargers, batteries, and mobile power supplies sold to the Taiwan market for 3C products need to undergo BSMI approval experiments. The room is tested and the BSMI certificate is obtained before entering the customs.
Third, the battery BSMI certification test standard
3C products are specifically referred to as communication products, computer products, and consumer electronics products (Consumers).
3C secondary lithium battery/group: CNS 15364 & extra capacity measurement according to CNS 14857-2
3C secondary lithium battery mobile power: CNS 15364, CNS 14336-1, CNS 13438
Fourth, battery BSMI certification application method
BSMI application method: There are currently three application methods.
(1) There are two types of type approval:
1. Type Approval (EMC+Safety), from January 1, 2004, there are 178 kinds of electrical and electronic products that need to apply for such recognition.
Applicable standards: EMC+Safety.
Documents to be provided: product type approval application, company or factory license, test report, technical documents for electromagnetic compatibility: photographs, labels, parts with electromagnetic interference, block diagrams and manuals, and technical documents for safety regulations .
The validity period of the certificate: three years, can be extended once.
2. EMC type approval (replaces the original EMC application), enforced from November 1, 2002. Applicable products: 61 items of electrical and electronic products only have EMI requirements, and 124 items of electrical and electronic products only need EMI+ safety report (if the product has safety requirements).
Applicable standards: only EMI.
Documents to be provided: Electromagnetic compatibility type approval application, test report, technical documents: photos, labels, parts with electromagnetic compatibility, block diagrams and user manuals.
(2) Certification registration
Enforcement date: Not yet announced.
Applicable standards: EMI + safety regulations.
Documents to be provided: product type approval application, company or factory license, test report, technical documents for electromagnetic compatibility: photographs, labels, parts with electromagnetic interference, block diagrams and manuals, and technical documents for safety regulations Declaration of conformity.
Certificate validity: three years, can be extended once
(3) Declaration of conformity
Enforcement date: January 18, 2002.
Applicable products: 19 kinds of information technology equipment components.
Applicable standards: CNS13438 (ONLY EMC).
Documents to be provided are (conformity statements, test reports, technical documents: photographs, labels, parts with electromagnetic interference, block diagrams and user manuals).
For electronic and electrical products, the three application methods provided by the Bureau of Standards are as follows:
1. The Declaration of Conformity applies only to parts of information technology equipment (please refer to the product description on the Standards and Inspections website).
2. It is up to the manufacturer of the product cost to apply for certification registration or type approval.
3. The difference between certification registration and type approval is:
(1) Inspection method:
If the product has been type-approved, the inspection of the customer will be simplified.
For products that apply for certification registration, the customer will not be inspected and the market will be randomly selected.
(2) Cost difference:
The application fee for certification registration is higher than the form approval, and an annual fee is charged, and the annual fee is not charged for type approval.
V. Battery BSMI certification data preparation
1. Application documents and company information
3. Battery specification
4. Battery pack specification
5. Circuit diagram and layout
6. Product size chart
7. Key list and BOM
8. Traditional Chinese label
9. Traditional Chinese Description
10. Packing instructions
11. Protection component specifications, such as MOS tubes, ICs, PTCs, etc.
12. Battery material specifications, such as positive electrode, negative electrode, electrolyte, etc.
13. Series model differences
Sixth, battery BSMI certification process
1. Fill in the application
2. Payment sample
3. Test samples
4. Issue a report
5. Report evaluation
6. Issue a certificate
Seven, battery BSMI certification laboratory
ESTL is a well-known, impartial and independent third-party professional battery testing and certification agency in China. As a professional agency BSMI certification agency, it has participated in the entire BSMI testing and factory inspection work, so it has a great guarantee in the certification cycle and the effect of passing. . ESTL has a professional independent laboratory and a group of experienced BSMI certification engineers, which can provide comprehensive and one-stop BSMI testing and certification services for battery customers. When an enterprise or manufacturer needs to do BSMI certification, please look for the authoritative BSMI certification body——ESTL.
ESTL national free hotline：400-840-8988
Focus on Wechat