Address: 2st floor, B Area, Jinbaisheng Industrial Park, Headquarters 2 Road, Songshan Lake Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone, Dongguan City, Guangdong Pr., China.
First, Korea KC certification introduction
In order to enable consumers to more clearly understand the certification marks on the purchased products, as well as to reduce the various certification costs burdened by product manufacturers, the Korea Institute of Technical Standards (KATS) announced on August 20, 2008 on January 1, 2009 The new certification system KC certification (KoreaCertification) has been implemented since July.
Second, the importance of battery KC certification
Korea KATS (KoreanAgency for Technology and Standards) announced the applicable standards for portable secondary lithium battery packs: Self-Regulatory Safety Confirmation, Annex 05, and included related products under the self-declared product category of the KC certification system in 2009 It was formally implemented on July 1, 2014.
Third, the battery KC certification product range
1. For batteries with soft package shape and thickness smaller than diameter (cell -- maximum charging voltage above 4.4V, energy density above 700 Wh/L, applied to smart phones, notebook computers or tablet computers), it belongs to the control scope of KC 62133-02(2020).
2. Dry batteries, alkaline batteries, Ni-CD batteries, Ni-MH batteries, and button dry batteries shall be imported into South Korea from November 15, 2020.KC certificate is mandatory;
3, Personal transportation tools (electric sliders, balance plates, etc.) exported to Korea or for customs clearance in Korea from August 1, 2021, and the battery used in the maximum speed below 25 km/h must obtain the KC certificate
4. Battery cell > 700WH /L, battery charging voltage is higher than 4.4V, used in telephone, laptop, desktop computer. The cell belongs to the category of Safety certification, not Safety confirmation, so it includes the initial test, factory inspection, and follow-up follow-up inspection (once every 2 years).
5, ordinary secondary lithium battery
Fourth, battery KC certification test standards:
Five, Battery KC certification test items and sample quantity:
Dry battery information
1 battery: Mangan(dry battery),alkaline(alkaline battery)
2 times battery: Ni-Cd(NiCd), Ni-MH (NiMH)
Chemical material analysis: 12 weeks
Sample demand: 10 pieces
1. The application form
3. Korean agent business license/manufacturer business license
Sixth, battery KC certification mode
Send samples to Korea for testing and certification (long cycle, high cost)
1. The manufacturer applies for KC certification
2. Send samples to Korea for testing (if the test fails, retesting costs will be incurred and the cycle lengthened)
3. Pass, issue KC certificate.
Use CB certification to transfer KC.
List of documents required for transfer:
1. Application form
1. Pack CB report & cert
2. Pack & Cell Specification
3. Specification of key parts specifications (Protection IC, FUSE, PTC, TCO, Mosfet)
5. User ’s Manual
6. End product info
8. Business license and ISO certificate
Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries used in smart phones, tablet and notebook batteries, and the energy density of more than 700Wh /L and the charging voltage of more than 4.4V at the same time, need to audit the factory.
Seven, battery KC testing and certification consulting agency
ESTL Laboratory is a global testing service provider focused on battery products, and a third-party testing institution committed to obtaining domestic and international certifications for Chinese enterprises. Guangdong ESTL Technology Co., Ltd. has established a large battery testing test base in South China, is the CBTL laboratory authorized by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IECEE), and has obtained the WTDP laboratory authorized by UL company, which can provide our customers with high-quality and convenient battery certification agent services.
Focus on Wechat